How do I stop new outdoor faucet anti-siphon valve from leaking/spraying water?

The anti-siphon valve on my outdoor faucet was leaking/spraying water when I turned on the faucet. I put on a new anti-siphon valve and still have the problem. 

When I take the anti-siphon valve off the faucet, there is no leaking or spraying anywhere on the faucet.Any idea what the fix is? Anti-siphon valves are required in my city by code. I need this installed and working to pass a home inspection. 

YOU need a plumber to do it RIGHT.

You don't realize it, but you just confessed the issue is YOUR installation.

• Edwena

Well, if the valve is too low, then water in the downstream line will drain back on it until it reaches elevation.  This would be water that could go into your water supply and why you need the anti-syphon valve.  You want the anti-syphon valve to be a couple of feet higher than the highest point of the downstream line.    If that isn't it, it might be the valve is not closing properly when you turn on the water.  Which could be some trash caught on the seats of the valve. Or a damage seat.   Most of these valves are not repairable, and you replace the whole valve.  Is this valve installed in the correct place?

we need a photo of your installation.  i've installed these for my irrigation [lawn watering] system.  they worked perfectly.  maybe you're installing it upside down ...   -- grampa