Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 weeks ago

Will books/paper cease to exist in the near future? ?

No, they won't in the near future.

There is no sign of that happening.

Next time you want to ask a question, do please take a look at "FAQ"s to see whether it's been asked and answered before. This particular one comes up about every second week.

No, they won't in the near future.

This question has been asked in some variation many, many times over the years.

Books and paper products will not "cease to exist" anytime soon. Paper journals and planners alone are a booming industry. People have turned to paper journals to get away from digital devices and write about what is going on in the world or decorate with stickers and other ephemera.

As for books, I know many people, myself included, who prefer to hold a book in their hands over reading on a device. Right now I have 5 books sitting on shelf right next me along with two journals.

• snafu

Not in the near future.  There will still be books for some time yet - whilst there’s still demand.

Yes, Yes, they will. Books/paper will indeed cease to exist in the near future, starting in a couple of weeks or so I shouldn't wonder. There. Hope that satisfies your mindless anon question. And well done, Tina.

• Tina

I wouldn't think so.

• Scott

Paper will not.  But people are increasingly reading books on electronic devices.