I have a question about whether to contact a fellow (unknown) member in the same social interest group about other local groups ?

I'm a young man in my 30s, I just joined as a member of a new creative writing group on the Meetup website, and the organiser posted a message on the group discussion board stating, he intends to discontinue the group in a few days and has created a Facebook group to continue it in its place. (Likely to save money on subscription.)

Now I noticed a young woman (a stranger to me) also recently joined that group on meetup, last month. 

I was wondering if it would be alright to send her a private message on meetup (before the group is removed) to inform her of another local writers group (on Facebook) that runs monthly sessions where writers can go to the upstairs of a cafe, sit down and do 2 hours writing, and or meet other writers. 

Where as this Meetup group for creative writers, only deals with exchanging email addresses and pieces of short stories or novels written, then meeting up a week later (at 1 or 2 sessions per month at a local pub upstairs) to give feedback to the other writer.

I personally wouldn't have an issue if she remained a member of this writers group that started on meetup. 

But I thought the other group may enable her too (like myself) to possibly interact with more local writers, and offer more than the Meetup group does - such as limited genres/areas of writing and only being about critiquing. Plus, most writers in my regional city are usually middle aged or older. I've rarely come across any writers under 40 and very few are young women.

Favorite Answer

She's going to think you're hitting on her. Which it sounds like you are. So don't do it, because this passive-aggressive crap is not a winning approach.

You could send the message to the entire group, including her. Let them all decide whether to join an additional or other group.

Well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose. Personally I'd never discuss writers, under or over 40 that I've come across. Respeck.