Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

how to talk to a girl who shuts down when i talk to her?

I really like this girl, but whenever I try to talk to her, she completely shuts down. I think she might like me too, so her nerves might just take over. She's a shy person anyway. How can i get to have a decent convo with her without making her feel awkward and nearly unresponsive? I try to be as light and normal as possible

Update:

I'm getting some signs that she likes me. For instance, she smiles a lot and she stares at me. I'm not trying to sound narcissistic, I'm just picking up good vibes that I don't usually get from other people.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Maybe she’s interested, maybe not.  You’ll only know if you tell her you like her and ask her out.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

She is probably very shy get her comfortable around you by talking to her more and getting to know her more. Open up near here and make her feel comfortable being around you. If she’s shy she may be very nervous but she probably likes you too. Maybe get her phone number once you get comfortable with her.

• 3 weeks ago

Talk about general things such as work, hobbies etc

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Ask her if she'd prefer you didn't talk to her anymore. Don't be angry about it but offer her a serious out and tell her if can be just a yes or no question. To assume that someone freezes when you talk to them because they secretly like you is a bit narcissistic. Could be this girl wants nothing to do with you and is just too timid to tell you to leave her alone. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jamies
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Brother I don't want to give you bad advice, but I want you to consider the possibility that she is not interested and you should stay away. It might actually work for either reason. If you start ignoring her she might initiate. If she's not interested then you have your answer. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.