How do I apologize for all the pain and sadness I ever caused?

I'm getting ready to die in a day or two from suicide. I don't want to leave with people thinking I was a bad guy in the end.

Favorite Answer

First you get help from your bad feelings.

Afterwards you apologize.

To put it bluntly, what will an apology achieve? It will make YOU feel better - it won't erase what has happened. I know, because I too am tormented and ashamed of the things I have done. I didn't do them because I'm 'bad' - but thoughtless and selfish. Unfortunately, that's life for many of us. Some people don't face their mistakes - doesn't mean they didn't make them! But, that's on them. You can apologise to the universe, by being sure to not do it again. And step in when you see someone else doing it! No need to argue with them, just calmly point out to them what their actions are doing. I had a severe attack of remorse a few weeks ago and said a prayer. In my prayer I begged God to forgive me. It surprised me that I was sobbing by the end of it! But I had a 'peace' at the end of it. Committing suicide is just giving up, not fixing anything. Don't give up but learn from your mistakes and GROW as a person . . .  THAT is the mission we all have!