What kind of job can you get with a bachelors degree in political science?

And, how much of a difference would a masters in poly sci make as far as finding a job/salary difference.

5 Answers

  • F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    In the UK it seems the main way to becoming an MP. 

    You get your political science degree and them become a researcher or general dogs body for an existing MP. If you brown nose enough, they will eventually put you forward as a candidate I n a seat you are bound to lose. 

    After more brown nosing to more important people, you might get a nomination for a safe seat and so become an MP.

    Until you become an MP, you will be working for peanuts , so a trust fund is most helpful.

  • 2 months ago

    I wound up working in worker's compensation service provision out of college (capped out around $40,000 a year in the mid-2000s) and then after completing my Master's, I worked for the Mayor's office for the City of Los Angeles and then went into geopolitical and intelligence analysis (hitting around $60,000 a year).  My doctorate took me above six-figures after that, and then consulting work is where I really started making money.  Graduate degrees definitely make a difference.

  • John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    I originally majored in Political Science.  Upon graduating, I took various civil service tests.  Six months later, I was hired into a large state human services agency, where I worked for 13 years.  In my state, having a Masters would make no difference in the civil service pay scale.  As a matter of interest, many of the civil service positions required only a 4 year degree in any subject.  The tests themselves, however, had many questions which were covered in Political Science classes.  Those who majored in PoliSci had an advantage in that regard.  

  • edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Go into politics.  Become a politician  or work for one

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    good question for the placement department at your university.  either is fine if you're planning to go to law school, like most politicians do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.