What kind of job can you get with a bachelors degree in political science?

And, how much of a difference would a masters in poly sci make as far as finding a job/salary difference.

• F

In the UK it seems the main way to becoming an MP. 

You get your political science degree and them become a researcher or general dogs body for an existing MP. If you brown nose enough, they will eventually put you forward as a candidate I n a seat you are bound to lose. 

After more brown nosing to more important people, you might get a nomination for a safe seat and so become an MP.

Until you become an MP, you will be working for peanuts , so a trust fund is most helpful.

I wound up working in worker's compensation service provision out of college (capped out around $40,000 a year in the mid-2000s) and then after completing my Master's, I worked for the Mayor's office for the City of Los Angeles and then went into geopolitical and intelligence analysis (hitting around $60,000 a year).  My doctorate took me above six-figures after that, and then consulting work is where I really started making money.  Graduate degrees definitely make a difference.

• John

I originally majored in Political Science.  Upon graduating, I took various civil service tests.  Six months later, I was hired into a large state human services agency, where I worked for 13 years.  In my state, having a Masters would make no difference in the civil service pay scale.  As a matter of interest, many of the civil service positions required only a 4 year degree in any subject.  The tests themselves, however, had many questions which were covered in Political Science classes.  Those who majored in PoliSci had an advantage in that regard.  

• edward

Go into politics.  Become a politician  or work for one

good question for the placement department at your university.  either is fine if you're planning to go to law school, like most politicians do