Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Agnostic atheism = "leprechauns, pixies, gods, fairies and goblins can't be shown to not exist". Why are agnostic atheists THAT delusional?

This proves that agnostic atheists are almost as delusional as theists.

Why do hard atheists like yourself claim to know without a shadow of a doubt that there's no creator or higher power out there? Where is your evidence? 

Go ahead. Show them not to exist. 

If indeed you can't do it, then saying you can't is the truth.

Neither agnostic atheism nor atheism as a whole has any position on leprechauns, pixies, fairies, or goblins, only the existence of gods.

Agnostic/Atheism = I don't claim to know that 'god(s)' don't exist, but I do know I lack belief in them.

If you claim  to know that 'god(s)' don't exist (gnostic atheism) then you take on a burden of proof (and unnecessary one at that, since theists have not provided any evidence to back up their claims) as well as putting yourself in the unenviable position of trying to prove the non-existence of something.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with that - and I know a number of gnostic atheists and anti-theists who have no problem making statements like 'I know there is/are no god/gods'. What they are generally referring to is a high level of confidence that none of the various 'god(s)' they've been presented with have any basis in reality, and can easily be shown to be the inventions of humans (and not very creative ones at that).

• Doc

You can prove wrong simply by proving at least on item on that list doesn't belong. go ahead, I dare you.

That is not at all what it means.  They do not believe that the existence of a god/gods can be known in fact, but also believe they do not exist.

Why is this important to you?

By the way, agnosticism applies only

to hypotheticals that have been defined

as being unknowable, in principle.

I have not heard anyone define

hypothetical leprechauns, pixies, fairies or goblins

as being unknowable, in principle.

But I have heard lots of people say

that the particular hypothetical God,

that they happen to be imagining,

is magically invisible, non-physical,

undetectable by any possible means,

spiritual (whatever that means, other than 'you can't find it')

etc.

Agnosticism applies to that sort of hypothetical.

Agnosticism, is not about doubt or uncertainty.

Agnosticism is the logical conclusion

that nobody can know anything testable

about unknowable hypotheticals.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

O.K.

Prove to me that there is not a colony of flying rainbow unicorns on the far side of the Moon.

P.S. it is buried, so it does not show up on photos.

And a proof please,  not just some circumstantial evidence.

Oh, a question for you - - Do you post stuff like this to make yourself look like a complete idiot?   Or is there some other reason that I can't think of?

• Vela

You're either joking or fooling yourself

• rodcom

Why do you keep asking the same stupid questions.  You cannot prove that something does not exist if it does not exist.  The onus is on proving that they do exist, which is also not possible because they do not exist. 

• So you know without a doubt that there can't be non-carbon based intelligent life outside of this universe? How do you know that?