Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 4 weeks ago

What is this from?

I am drawing a complete blank of what this is situation is from. I remember a male voice telling someone how he faked appendicitis as a kid to get attention from his classmates and made a scar with his mother's scissors on his belly. Now I have tried to google this but all I get are articles on self-harm. 

Joel McHale in Community episode "Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations"

Jeff Winger: One time, when I was in seventh grade, I told everyone at school that I had appendicitis. I wanted someone to worry about me. But when Beth Brannon asked to see the scar, I didn't wanna get found out, so I took Mom's scissors, and I made one. It hurt like hell, but it was worth it, because I got 17 cards. And I still keep them in a box underneath my bed 22 years later, because it proves that someone, at some point, cared about me. You wanna see the scar? So you get credit for that too. This is me.