Did Jimi Hendrix sell his soul to Satan for his guitar playing skills?

Favorite Answer

Highly unlikely. There have been some wonderful musicians over the centuries and many of them were good people involved in the writing and performing of worship songs. Music was an integral part of the worship of God going back to the time of the Beloved King David. Now, on many occasions, David was not perfect in his behavior but He always returned to his Lord in repentance and had genuine love for Him. You seem to forget that it is God who has given the free gift of life to each and every one of us and without Him that chance of life would not exist.

I recall this most important part of scripture .... 

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

God's Provision

10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

**

Ok so I wondered whether, in this context, I was pushing the realms of plausibility into outer space. However, if anyone has a special gift or anything which is commendable or worthy of praise, in any way shape or form, there are two important things to remember. As I have said, firstly all things came into being because of God and secondly it is only by the will and grace of God that any of us have an opportunity to do anything.

So, in short, Jimi Hendrix was only a great guitarist because God gave him the opportunity to become one in the first place whatever Jimi believed or achieved in his lifetime. I think you may find that it was satan who killed him, rather unpleasantly, through drugs and alcohol consumption.

It is interesting that amongst Jimi's last words, before he died, was a conversation about offering free gigs to his fans as an act of kindness/charity. That has to mean something. The reality is that satan NEVER hands out freebees, there is ALWAYS a catch.

There might, conceivably, have been a clue in some of Jimi's lyrics when he said:- "Tear me loose" ..... ?

Possibly not. lol?

No. That was Robert Johnson who did that.

• Spence

No. He had natural talent.

• Misty

No such thing so the answer is no.

He obviously didn't take up  the offer.

Yeah that sounds feasible. Especially to a generation who have no skills and want a short cut to success.

• ?

its possible, along with john lennon too.