Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Can I drink tea with lemon and coffee with artificial sweetener on a fast?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Why not ?                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 4 weeks ago

yes and no, maybe drop the sweetener, some fasts allow not eating food but allow drinking. some fasts do not allow eating or drinking. i think Jesus did a fast without food or drink. for 40 days. i know its possible to survive up to a little more than 60 days. the modern definition of a fast is to not eat 2 meals in a day and eat lightly one meal. the choice is yours actually. ive done 4 months fasting eating only one meal a day (twice) that i can remember. when i was hungry i ate a little more and my meals uusally consisted of two hot dogs, or switching to a couple mashed potatoes with mayo and ketchup and butter.

• 4 weeks ago

No, that is a sin & you will fry for all eternity. Only Honey is allowed.

• 4 weeks ago

Why would you want to do that? Are you fat, to go on a diet?

Want some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea? What's all these crazy questions you're asking me?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

No, you don't mix coffee in with your tea. Lemon is sketchy, but i'll let it slide. Trust me, I'm British. I know these things. Coffee is really an herbal infusion on it's own, so basically an herbal tea. For goodness sake, just go to Starbucks. That's what I would do. 

• 4 weeks ago

No:it will be irritating to your empty stomach

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Tea with lemon and coffee with artificial sweetener 

sounds horrible. I would choose to fast instead.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Intermittent fasting, religious fasting?

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I don't recommend the laboratory sweeteners at all, as they have an awful history leading to issues. Unless a diabetic, avoid them. As to what you consume on a personal fast, it's your own choice. You can go to a buffet and nobody stops you. 

As to particular purpose fasting, what is the purpose?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.