Anonymous

How do I file a complaint or lawsuit against the Maryland Division of Unemployment in order to receive unemployment?

I filed a claim for unemployment 2 months ago. I was out of work for 4 weeks before I found another job. I filed weekly. I never received payment. Because of the pandemic, you can’t get ahold of them.. you just get an automated message. I just called them and the recording said that I don’t have a claim.

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

Call your state delegate or assemblyman's office for assistance.  Their staff can sort this out.  It's happening everywhere.  There are so many people filing for unemployment, that the offices can't get everything processed and then if there is a issue or question, you can't get through to them as you've found.

U probably didn’t get approve for it unemployment is over 

If it was "me", I'd send my State of Maryland congress person (not federal congress... the people who only work in your state capital) a letter outlining your issue and include your claim number, the date you filed and what happened after that.