Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 3 weeks ago

Is it rude to ask someone to take out a piercing?

There’s this girl I like and would like to try and become more than friends with her. Except she has a lip piercing. I already like her for who is she but the lip piercing is very distracting from her features. She has a small face. I just think she’d look better without it. Obviously I wouldn’t force her to if she didn’t want to. But would it be rude to ask?

Favorite Answer

Yes, it would be very rude. Also, when it comes to piercings, removing a piece can lad to problems with the flesh around it, so unless you are prepared to pay 100% of her resulting medical costs, get over it and shut up about it.

Either you accept someone as they are, or you go away and find someone else.

Incredibly rude. At least, this early on. You can tell someone that you are close to that you do not like their piercing, you are entitled to your own opinion. But you should never tell someone how to look. 

• kelvin

yes it is rude...............

If you actually liked her for who she is, then you'd be accepting of her piercings which are how she chooses to express herself. 

So yes - rude, weird, controlling and generally a red flag. 

• LM440

It would not only be rude but controlling and shallow.  Apparently, this is not a person that you have genuine friendship for if you are more concerned about a lip ring than her as a person.  Move on and leave her alone as you look for a person with personal style choices that fit your needs.

Personally if someone asked me to take my piercings out because they think I'd 'look better without it' I would immediately loose any interest I had in them. 

If you like her, accept that this is how she chooses to look and get over it or just move on to someone who's more your type

Don't date someone that is dumb enough to poke holes in their face.

you could point it out nicely 

yes, cause she might still want it

Some guys are intimidated by my PA - but I ask them if it makes them uncomfortable --  doesn't bother me if they say they'd like me to take it out.  Do the same thing with your girl - make it fairly obvious that you don't like - but if she doesn't ask your opinion, you aren't really very compatible.