So I have a weird pronouns. ?

As a bigender I hate the pronouns like they or them because it's saying there are two of me. I go by he/she him/her because i have two genders not two persons. I love my pronouns. Do you find my pronouns weird?

Favorite Answer

My love is biologically male, but identifies as non-binary, and is fine with both he/him AND she/her pronouns. Although most people use he/him, because he's very visibly male, and also not out to most of the people in his life. As do I. For the MOST part. But.. when every once in a while, it feels MORE right to use female pronouns..? I do that, too. And it's all cool.

One thing I really appreciate about him..? Is: he never tries to police people for using the "wrong" pronouns, or demand that they use 50% female pronouns and 50% male pronouns, or whatever. He just is who he is. And he lets people refer to him as based on what they see, and how they experience him. Which.. then there's obviously no problem.

If he, or someone like him, kindly asked me if I could PLEASE try to use more female pronouns for them, though..? I'd do my best. If that was something that would make them feel better about themselves. I'm quite gender critical, and not at all on board with current-day gender / trans ideology. But regardless, though..? It doesn't go against my principles to use preferred names and pronouns, when that really makes a difference to certain people. Only thing I'm not willing to do..? Is deny the reality of biological sex, and the actual real life consequences of it! I am NOT willing to go along with this "trans women are women!" / "trans men are men!" bullsh*t! Because they're not! Not really, biologically speaking! But if they ask me to use whatever pronouns make them comfortable..? I'll oblige, and do my best! Just as long as it isn't something UTTERLY ridiculous, like xe/xir, or whatever. Maybe I'd TRY to do that, too. Out of politeness. But.. suffice to say, I think I'd slip up a lot.

So yeah... I think requesting different pronouns is fine. And maybe politely correcting people, if they get it wrong..? Is also fine. But VERY angrily policing it..? I ain't got much sympathy for. Especially if your biological sex is BLATANTLY freaking visible! And you are angrily calling people out for just naming what they see.

Source(s): Just my opinion.

It'd be much easier if you identified as a human being whose interests and personality aren't tied to the gender assigned to you at birth. That's how I operate. I'm a male, and I do have some "feminine" ways/interests -- but I'm comfortable with myself, so I don't need to identify as half man, half woman. I am just a person who is unique, like everyone else. You all make things harder for yourselves in my opinion.

No one gives a Schmidt about your pronouns. 

The use of generic "they" for the singular dates back to the Middle Ages.  We already use a plural pronoun for "you" and most people never say "thou" nowadays.  I don't think you have any reason for your objection and I think you'd have a lot of trouble trying to get people to say that.  Personally I think everyone should be called "it" but that's never gonna happen and I've let go of it.  I suggest you do the same.

No, you don’t have any pronouns, pronouns are what other people call you and you can’t expect everyone to pander to this, they will call you whatever you appear to them to be. And, there is no such thing as bigender, even if, and it’s a big IF, you were a genuine hermaphrodite, we already have a word for that. Cease with the making up of pretend genders, it sounds very silly and it’s confusing the hell out of young people.

• Lauren

I second another person here that pointed out the fact that they/them has been used as a singular in the cases when you don't know the gender of a person for quite a long time. 

But no your pronouns don't sound weird. I don't really feel married to any pronouns but I consider myself at the very least "gender non conforming" and always joke that I'm not a "real woman" so if people call me a sir at the store I don't bother correcting them, whereas when people call me a "lady" I often do. People have their own quirks and language is as fluid as our identities. 

I for one don't mind being called for example male pronouns or female pronouns because i fluctuate between the two. I don't nassarly care if you call me under male pronouns. I will talk to you as a male if you call me a male pronoun, same with the opposite. Being bigender (m/f) means I fluctuate between both male and female. 

Its not weird to me. 

They/them can be used as a singular. It has been for a long time now and I bet you have even done it when you are unsure of someones gender. It is fairly new as a pronoun I believe but even so it can still be singular. It doesn't mean there are 2 or more people if someone uses they/them pronouns. 

It's time we admitted people who talk like this just have no personality and are attention wh0res.

I agree. They/them can be confusing because it's plural. I have a friend who is non-binary, but I am slowly getting used to the new pronouns. I don't really find your pronouns weird I guess, I'm just confused how you let people know which ones you are going by? I'm not trying to be mean actually, I just don't know. Could you give me an example sentence?