Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

does this violate osha law..?

i got fired from burger king for missing too many days. my girlfriend still works there and she told me that the girl that works there who is basically a kiss a$$ has told everyone that I got fired for performing specific operation dangerously. isn't this illegal or something? I can't find anything on google that says if this is a violation or not.

It would only violate OSHA if she said it to an OSHA official as part of an investigation. Between workers, she can say almost anything.

Is it illegal for her to say that?  No, it isn't.

It would only run afoul of the law if what they said about you was a false statement of fact that cause you some harm, and even then, it would only be a civil issue (defamation). Her telling others that you were fired for performing some operation dangerously may have been their method of instilling the seriousness in other employees to not perform those operations dangerously lest they similarly risk getting fired.

why would it be illegal to fire you for doing something dangerous?

do you mean for the girl to blab?  that has nothing to do with OSHA...that is about job safety/accident prevention.

some chick running her mouth does not violate OSHA regulations