Nicole asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 3 weeks ago

I'd been wanting take a trip to japan?

Any recommendations on places to stay or eat? best time to go. Things to do?

It be my first time going. Any tips?

I meant more in General

Like what are some nice places like to check out or eat?

And I know I can't go yet because of the stuff going around.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You should apologies about your ancestor's mistake.

• Quinn

Your question is a bit too open and general. What other people may find interesting may not be so for you.  You need to first do some research into Japan and decide what in Japan or what cultural aspect of Japanese society you want to experience.  Then you can ask people what they would recommend for those specific things.

You also need to give a time frame of how long you plan to tour Japan and what is your budget. Japan is about the size of California and its culture is 4 times older than the US. This means there is a lot of historical sites and many layers of their culture. And in the cities like Tokyo or Osaka, the cost of stay ranges from relatively cheap to sky is the limit because things generally are not cheap in Japan and Japan is one of those place where if you want to spend a fortune there are plenty of opportunities to do so. For example, a stay in a super luxury hotel for $8600 per night. Decide on your budget and length of stay.

When to go is simple, After the Covid-19 pandemic because Japan is not allowing tourist into the country.

It depends on what you want to see.  If you want to see the modern Japan, you should visit central Tokyo.  If you want to see historical places, It's better to visit western Japan.