Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

How can I get help with drug and alcohol addiction my motivation, health, and life is getting ruined? I was a competitive runner last year?

I have gained 50 pounds drinking, drugs, junk food. I used to have so much energy I feel drained all the time now. 

Only you can stop. No one is going to do it for you. I’m 26 now and I’ve been getting high since I was 14. One day I woke up and said that I don’t want to do this anymore and the “want/need” went away. I haven’t touched anything in two years and the thought of using hasn’t crossed my mind. You couldn’t pay me a million dollars to use drugs or alcohol again. I seriously wouldn’t do it. That $hit ruins your life, it will take you to the deepest most darkest places ever. Everyone will eventually abandon you, Including your family. Stop while you can before it’s too late. I for one believe that it’s a choice, not a disease, but that’s my opinion. If I can quit using, anyone can. Just stop and focus on improving your beautiful life. 

See a doctor, a psychiatrist who is an expert at treating addiction. Maybe he can prescribe anti-depressants which can help fix addiction.

Source(s): .