Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 4 weeks ago

Buying a car without credit?

What would you guys recommend as a down payment for a car around 10-13k, 30k mileage range, for 46 mo? Im just not getting a credit card and don’t know anything about cars. What’s worked for you guys when buying without credit? Nobody’s willing to co-sign me either.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Here's a novel concept: live within your means. But a cheap used car with cash and save for the car you want. I never understood why so many idiots finance when they likely cannot afford it in the first place. I have a slew of dumbass friends who lease cars only to have it being towed a way a month later because they can't make the payments. 

• fuzzy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Pay cash. If you cant afford the car you want either lower you sights or save for longer.

• 4 weeks ago

Yeah, just pay cash, don't see you getting financed

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You won't be buying a car unless you have $3-5k down and a good full time job with income over $1800 a month. Even then the terms would be poor. High rate and jacked up price.  46 months is a term almost nobody has ever used. Did you mean 48?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You are not in a position to buy a car -- no credit, not willing to establish credit with a credit card, no co-signers, and apparently no cash. 

If you have a decent job, you might be able to get an overpriced junker car from a buy-here-pay-here used car dealer at a super-high interest rate. He'll put you on a weekly or bi-weekly payment plan, and will repossess the car after your first missed payment. So, good luck with that if that's the way you choose to go.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can always pay in cash.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There are always dealers that will sell you a car but at a very high interest rate.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You are going to need to pay enough to make a repo clearly profitable for the lender. That probably would be at least 50%.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Short answer, without credit you don't. Either pay cash for a cheaper car or keep walking until you establish a good credit history by getting a credit card, putting a small charge on it every month, and pay it off every  month for at least a year. 

• 4 weeks ago

I think you should walk and save for a long time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.