Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Why would someone not want to be in a relationship?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They want peace happiness and freedom

• 3 weeks ago

Being single is a perfectly acceptable status.

I have been in relationship in the past. But they tend to fail as soon as the other person wants to take it deeper. Today, I just as happy to be alone.

• 4 weeks ago

um. many dont want the responsibility.

Many are not really attracted to people.

many people dont really care for sex

• 4 weeks ago

There is a saying: timing is everything. Reasons for not range from not ready for a commitment, to social anxieties, to perfectionism (the gift that keeps on giving--if I am not perfect, then I am a failure), another commitment, highly introverted (which can be an anxiety response), just to name a few. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Very many people are not yet at the stage of commitment and exclusivity 

• 4 weeks ago

abandonment issues, neglect, being heartbroken. 

• 4 weeks ago

Because they havent found the right person at the moment to commit to. It could be that they are keeping their options open, or whoever is in their life isnt worth the commitment.

Source(s): Life
  • 4 weeks ago

A lot of people are very afraid of getting their heart broken its not a good feeling at all. It really makes you feel like your whole world just ended. Some people also just suck at relationships so they don't know how to or don't wanna keep one.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Relationships take time and energy and if someone is already fully consumed with school, work, family or whatever they might not want to start something they know they won't have the bandwidth to pay attention to. Either that or they just don't want to be in a relationship with you. 

• Sassy
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Maybe they got hurt in their last one that they decided to not be in one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.