What movie will make you cry?

No movie has ever made me cry, The Lovely Bones came close, and so did Titanic. But not actually cry, just have a lump in my throat. What movie will definitely make me cry?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Are you open minded to silent films?  If so, I suggest the Charlie Chaplain classic "City Lights."  It is known as one of his most iconic comedies, full of high and low humor, but is also said to have one of the most moving endings in film history.

• 2 weeks ago

This David Lynch movie The Straight Story.

• 4 weeks ago

Lion

It has nothing to do with real lions. It is the story of a child who is lost and separated from his parents and then adopted by a loving family. Dev Patel does such an excellent job in this movie that you won’t be able to see it without crying.

Source(s): Image
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Schindlers List and Philadelphia

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Shenandoah (1965)

Brian's Song (1971)

Born Free (1966)

Where the Red Fern Grows (1974)  

• 4 weeks ago

Many: Beaches (1988), Steel Magnolias (1989), You're Not You (2014), Same Kind of Different as Me (2017), etc.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I am one of those people who does cry when watching a film.  I have seen the film Beaches so many times so I know what happens but I still cry.  I also cried when I watched the film Bambi, and cried watching the film Old Yeller.

The film that makes you finally cry will be the one that you are so engrossed in watching it just makes you cry when something sad happens.

• 4 weeks ago

Have you seen Toy Story 3?

• 4 weeks ago

When I was a kid I cried at Bambi and E.T.  As an adult I cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan.  When the guy years later stands in that cemetary and has sruvivor's guilt, wondering how his life could be worth all the lives lost to save him...Excuse me, I'm a little verklempt.... talk amongst yourselves....I'll give you a topic - The Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire.  Discuss.....

Okay, I'm back.  The key to a movie making you cry is that you have to be able to REALLY immerse yourself in that movie.  The character has to seem real to you.  If you just view it as an actor playing a role, it will never reach you.  I'm not saying you have to identify with the character and imagine yourself as them, but the character has to FEEL REAL.  

And quite frankly, there aren't many movies that are well done enough to do that.  Also, it's easier to cry in the theater than on home screens.  The home screen is smaller, and there are distractions.  You're less immersed because in the movie theater your FULL attention is on that movie because there's nothing else to see or do...unless you're there for the purposes of making out.

• 4 weeks ago

The scene in Air Bud when the kid leaves the dog made me cry when I was young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd2SNBQxIIs

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.