Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 4 weeks ago

What do you think of Netflix Stock?

Undecided and they know

Like a lot of stocks in the current market, it is an overwhelming market leader that is priced to somehow still experience meteoric growth over the next few years.  They need to do a lot more than streaming to justify their valuation.

I wish I would have bought it 10 years ago. Otherwise, I don't think about it at all.

• Steve

So many more stocks out there would be more of a lucrative selection for you. Netflix? Double? Triple? Doubtful. Why not search for one of those stocks that have a much better chance of doing so?

• kswck2

Their time has passed.  Too late. 

very over valued.

With a PE well over 100 it seems overvalued and just how much more can they grow.  I love the company but even a great company can have an overvalued stock.

Raising price from $7.99 to $8.99 is not a big deal to consumers and there still isn't any major competitor at that price-point.

HBO or Disney wants to compete for $8.99/month?  They're going to really have to up their content.      People are used to having a TON of stuff on Netflix for that price point.    No one is going to subscribe to HBO and Disney and all the other things separately. 

I personally don't own any Netflix in my portfolio and haven't seriously analyzed the financials.   Just talking as a consumer. 

I don't think Netflix is a good stock. HBO and Disney both are pulling their content on Netflix for their own streaming services. Netflix also raised prices and turned a lot of people off so they can't go any higher for the foreseeable future. There are some real cracks in their business model starting to show as competition in the streaming industry starts to stiffen. 

I would buy Disney, Comcast, and Viacom instead.