Hannah asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

How do I lose weight.?

I am fat and ugly. I want to lose 50 pounds. I have no idea how much I weight because I'm too scared to know but I'm def over 180. (im a 22 yo female.) I love snacking and I love junk food especially Burger king. It is a big habbit to eat while I'm watching tv.nIm a big snacked and Ive tried losing weight before but I Just couldn't give up my snacks. I take two walks every night but no-to little exercise aside from that. 

There a very few healthy foods I like. I'm an extremely picky eater

At least you're walking which is a great exercise. I've had the same problem over the years as I was once almost 100 pounds heavier than you. What I did was mostly eliminate those Burger King & McD meals as they're super high in both calories and sodium, both of which add to the weight and health issues. Then I cut way back on those mid-day and evening snacks and saw my weight slowly come down. I eventually got down to 200 lbs. and was happy with that. As 6'+ male I'm happy at that. As you're a 22-year-old girl, I'm sure you'll both look and feel much better by losing 50 lbs. Good luck!

...Show more

Several things can give it a jumpstart;

First, go on a diet for at least 2 weeks (anyone can do that) and stay strictly on it for 2 weeks,  then you will have success enough in that timeframe that you will be better at deciding whether or not you want to continue on a diet or not. Life habit changes that can make a difference are:*Stop eating or drinking anything but water, after 5:30pm each day, and in that way you will burn more calories as you sleep.*Drink at least 6-8 bottles of spring water each day.*Continue to walk each evening.*Read a book called; The Scarsdale Medical Diet (vintage book) and use that diet for 2 weeks, it’s a great jumpstart diet and it works great! I’ve tried others and always go back to the Scarsdale. If you can’t find the book, a library may have it. There are several days I prefer better than others on the menus and sometimes I will just eat certain menus from certain days back to back if I’m not wanting certain other days of the menu that week, and it still helps to jumpstart the weight loss. For example I love the substitute lunch for any day’s lunch, and friday’s whole day of menu, but I may eat that for Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and it still works. Be decided that you the going to do this. It work’s well to start at your age and maintain a certain lifestyle especially once you get the results you are looking for. I also love this free article:Young People Ask; How Can I Lose Weight:https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=5020194... this all helps :o)

It’s not so much of an answer I want to say to your question but I wanted to say you should love yourself girl beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. It is great to want to motivate yourself to get in better shape but remember to love yourself first! 

It's not complicated, you just eat less. Healthy foods help in that they curb your appetite, but with self control, eating less junk food will cause a loss of weight if you can will yourself through the munchies that junk food creates. Also a change in intake takes about two weeks of such action before you begin to notice a weight loss. Knowing how many calories food has can also help where you can choose junk food lower in calories than other junk food you many like.

It will happen. I only hope you find a way, on your own.

If you don't, it will all work out in the end. I am 57yo and have gone through weight gain cycles during my life. In the end, I developed severe acid reflux, to the point if I don't eat right, I get severe pain that keeps me awake throughout the night and my normal life has been severely reduced.  It's getting better - but at a cost. I've had 1 surgery, have another soon and might need a third or even fourth. Don't know yet.

When you eat wrong, there is a price. You just may not experience it now. So learn how to eat better, NOW. Acquire habits that require fitness and use that as motivation.

• .

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term. Remember that as your activity level and/or your weight changes, your calorie needs change too. So, check the calculator as your weight goes down or your activity goes up or down, so you continue to consume calories at a level that will help induce fat loss.

.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.

.

How to lose weight has been asked/answered here in various ways, literally THOUSANDS of times. That's why there's a search feature at the top of the page. There should be no need for anyone to type another answer to that question, because all the information is already available, if you just do a quick search.

Good luck!

180 isn't fat, unless you're under five foot three. I'm 5'7 and I'm currently 209lbs,   and I certainly don't consider myself fat. My weight is evenly distributed and I look fine af. I'm sure you look fine too. However if you actually need to lose weight then do so, but do it for you eff what the rest of society has to say about it. Exercise but don't over do it, and don't go on some stupid fad diet as that's not healthy for anyone. Eat regular meals and don't overload the plate, and never ever count calories. 

eat every 3 hours but not rubbish food. I lost 5ks in one week.

get off your butt. =)

i would talk to your doctor about it