Is acer a good laptop brand?

• garry

its a fine brand , had mine for 2 years before I replaced it with a Samsung but there different laptop, the acer was a I7  and the Samsung is the new snapdragon processor ,  Samsung might be slower but it the fastest using the phone network .

• Shadow

I've had very good experiences with Acer computers. Of all the machines that I have, only one failed. That one machine was a 12 year old, second hand computer so it served it's purpose. The other 18 machines, including laptops and desktops, run very well and the youngest one is a two year old Predator Helios 500. The average age of the machines is roughly 5 years and they are still going strong.

In terms of other brands, of the roughly 20 Lenovo's, only one is still operating without a problem. The rest had random failures, glitches or serious design flaws that caused major failures. Some had catastrophic failures for no actual reason.

Dell is quite good as well. 8 Dell's only one with an issue which has not been resolved yet.

HP is ok but I'm not fond of them. They're a bit temperamental. Had 3.

Asus is good but I haven't used any yet.

No it's not. Amongst the Big 4, Acer usually ranks at the bottom. For the last few years Dell has been a list topper, HP is always in the middle, and Lenovo is in it's usual lowly spot. 

Asus is always at the top of the list as well, and Asus is usually a good bet when it comes to laptops.

Apple is at the bottom of the list. Poor Apple fans must be cryin.

They all have the same components, and there is`nt a dime`s worth of difference among them. The everyday user goes to the same internet on a 2,000 dollar computer that I do on my raspberry pi, and watches the exact same videos on whatever site that I do.

Yes Acer is top branded Laptop or you can try HP or Dell Laptop

I never used the Acer brand laptop but some research I found it is also good.

• keerok

My experience with that brand isn't nice at all.

I have a 2006 Acer Aspire 5610 that still runs Vista very nicely.  Sturdy, dependable, not expensive, does most jobs well.  A lot slower than modern ones with Win10 though.  Maybe modern Acer laptops are competitive.  Read reviews from Google searches.

It has improved a lot in the last few years,yes don't get a low spec one and you should be fine.

• Murzy

It's good                            .