A production process is set up to fill containers with 16 ounces of liquid. The standard deviation is known to be 0.5 ounces.?

1. A production process is set up to fill containers with 16 ounces of liquid. The standard deviation is known to be 0.5 ounces. The quality control department periodically selects samples of 25 containers and measures the contents. (Assume the distribution of filling volumes is normal.)

a. Determine the upper and lower control limits.

2. A production process that is in control has a mean of 200 and a standard deviation of 22. Determine the lower and the upper control limits for sample sizes of 49.

3. The upper and lower control limits of the mean of a process are 606 and 594. Samples of size 225 are used for the inspection process. Determine the mean and the standard deviation for this process.

4. A production process is considered in control if it processes at least 98.5% non-defective items. Samples of size 400 are used for the inspection process. Determine the upper and lower control limits for the P chart of defective elements.

5. The upper and lower control limits of the proportions of defectives of a process are 0.33 and 0.27.

a. What has been the proportion of defectives in this process?

b. What has been the sample size?

Hi guys, I'm so confused with these questions on my intermediate stats class review sheet. My prof gave us all the answers I'm just so lost as to how he got them. Can someone please explain how to get the answer/ show calculations? I have an exam tomorrow and I really need to understand these questions :(

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.