Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 3 weeks ago

Does anyone know what kind of Coin this is?

I found it one day when I got change back and I haven’t been able to figure it out 

6 days ago

You got ripped off - that is not any kind of legal tender

• 1 week ago

I dont think its real money

I do not recognise this coin but I'd keep it if it turned up in my change because I collect unusual coins.  I have two particular British coins that could be worth considerably more than their face value.  One is called a  groat (or, maybe grote) and is worth 4 OLD British pennies.  The other is a Florin (which used to be equal to two shillings - or a tenth of a British pound). The date on it is in Roman numerals and I've forgotten what the date is as it takes a while to work it out.  It shows the head of King Edward - the one who abdicated before his coronation so very few were minted.  I really should get them valued.

It's a Japanese 50 sen (1/2 yen) coin. I can't read Japanese, so I can't date it, but that type of coin was minted in the 1920's and 1930's. The chrysanthemum at the top of the one side is the giveaway that it's Japanese. It contains a...

• Boyaki

It's a game token that says "concord" in Japanese on it, possibly from a pachinko parlor in Shizuoka Prefecture. It has no cash value.

Source(s): Live in Japan

This might be kinda silly, but I would take it to your local bank, explain that you go this back as legit change from a previous purchase, and ask them what it is.

It may be a game token but on a very off chance it could be worth something. Keep it.

Arcade token...................

• hihi!

It is indeed a token. Game, public transport, etc. Many tokens are in use or have been.

Can you add a photo of the other side? I looked in a token database and some 47 thousand!!! tokens are "out there".

Google Image search doesn't bring up anything from it's database of coins, so it's probably a token or something from a casino, arcade, etc...Keep it just in case.

• Rick

Chinese or Japanese writing on it ......................