I need help with my children.  All they do is fight and make unnecessary messes and expect me too clean everything.   They are 14,10,8 and 5?

I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried being nice they walk all over me.  We tried punishment, they don’t care.   I would spend  a hour cleaning the kitchen and they will have it destroyed in minutes and than deny making messes.  They do this with every room in the home.  I’m tired of following 4 kids around non stop and either cleaning it and saving a argument or begging them to clean up what I just watched them make and they argue and make it into a hour argument.   I’ve tried everything I can think of.   

maybe you should make them live in that mess for a while , they might learn their lesson

Take out the paddle, and use it, or you can lock them in a room all day and night, like jail.

Not an expert or anything, but personally from me being a kid, most of my "changes" came from seeing how other parents were treated by their kids and I decided not to be like that. Reverse psychology does wonders sometimes. But realistically speaking, taking away their stuff usually works. Actually praising and thanking them for doing what ever little good thing they done in the house also works (takes a while but they will eventually come through) - again reverse psychology. Hopefully they grow out of it.