Windows 10 issue?

This morning I noticed my pc was running very slowly. Regardless of what I was doing playing games YouTube etc etc

After rebooting it came up saying windows is configuring and when I try to log in again it seems to log me into a guest account so all my settings are gone an such. 

To make matters worse when I click on anything like the start button or any of the icons nothing works. It feels like my mouse and keyboard have been disabled. Anyone got any ideas

Many thanks

• keerok

If you haven't noticed it yet, you no longer have full control of your win10 computer. I guess you didn't receive the memo yet. Updates are controlled by them, even if you turn it off. 

In Windows 10, each user has a profile set up for them.  It is logged in the c:\users folder in a subfolder with your log in name as the folder name.  You will have that issue if the folder gets corrupted. 

Look in that folder and see if you desktop, documents, etc are still in the folders instead your user ID folder.  If they are, you can recover the ID.  Often just by rebooting the PC.

If that does not work, go to the Control Panel an the Users icon.  Add a new log in ID for ourself.  Make sure it is an administrator account.  Log in with the new ID.  Copy the folders from your old ID and to the new one. Use the new ID going forward.

You got an update.  Reboot and log in again.