Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

I'm working 6 days a week and still struggling to get by, your thoughts 😭😭😭?

Favorite Answer

Two things:

1. Look into a better paying job and/or learn the skills needed for it.

2. Learn how to budget if you haven't already. Track every single penny and see if you can eliminate unnecessary expenses or lower your payments on bills.

It's extremely simplistic and may not even be entirely feasible, but if you at least look into possible options you might find a way to do better. Good luck!

Just get a different job

• Alan H

Reduce your wants and you will more easily meet your needs 

should have went to college, and if you did, should have picked a better major.

• Kelly

Work on bettering yourself through education or skilled trades training.  Without that, you'll be working this 6 days a week for a long time.  

Bettering yourself will also help you financially long term, not just now.  You can get a better job, with benefits including 401k or otherwise have some sort of retirement in sight.

Types of skilled trades can include things like Welding, Electrician, Plumbing but also things like Nursing (and other medical professions) and I.T.  Some nursing and IT jobs though require bachelors degrees and the nursing license varies state to state on education requirements.  My state used to require a bachelors for a nursing license but due to the high demand for nurses it was dropped down to an associate.  An LPN is part of skilled trades programs but a lot of places don't hire LPN's anymore.

I work in I.T. and I have a degree but I also have a ton of certifications too.  Entry level IT jobs like help desk/tech support and even data center operations often have on the job training and some companies will pay for you to get certification or offer tuition assistance.  I worked in hospitals for years with it and made great money and I had more vacation time than I knew what to do with it.  I worked 12 hour shifts like nurses do but I never worked more than 4 days a week unless I was covering someone's vacation day.  

I've been fortunate that for most of my adult life I have had good jobs.  I have had these good jobs, because I put in the work to make it so.  Meaning I got myself a skill that is in demand and that pays well.

You can never be to educated or too old to learn something new.

• Before I met my rich husband Desmond, I used to work part-time on the game. Just a thought.....

Sell drugs, work at Vegas strip clubs, become an assassin or chase multimillionaires for a relationship. 

oh i misread that . i thought u were lost in my thoughts

Keep looking for a better job. Or get some night training in a good job.

Get trained for a higher paying job.

This is terrible.