Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

What can I do if I forgot the password of my wifi router?

Let me explain so that you can fully understand my question. 

First of all, I do not have a sticker on my router. This means that it is impossible to find the password on the router itself. Therefore, this possibility will not fit. 

Secondly, my computer is not currently connected to the wifi network of my router. So please do not tell me that I can manage my router’s password by firstly resetting it to its default factory settings and logging into the website with its default username and password. This will not be possible, since my computer is not connected to the wifi network of the router. 

If non of these steps is possible, what can I do to find the password?

• Shadow

If you're not connected to the WiFi, then connect with a cable. Each router brand has their own default password and access methods. Your best bet would be to search the router brand and model, on Google or similar, for the information you're looking for.

See if the vendor has a phone app you can use. That will sometimes overcome your difficulties.  Mind you, without knowing the password, you are going to reset it.

• Lv 7

you can login to the router to check/change the password.

if you don't know how, you should read your router's manual. it is different for each router.

Resetting the router to factory default is your only option.  You don't have to be connected to the Wi-Fi from the router to reconfigure it, it would be better if you could connect directly to it with Ethernet.

Go to the website for the router manufacturer, find the user manual for your specific model, read the section of the manual for resetting to factory default.

• opurt

Call your ISP. They can generally reset things remotely for you.