Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

I was at a wine tasting setup and I mistakenly drank from used glasses which I thought were “help yourself” wine samples. Could I sue them?

Ok so this place had a wine sales and tasting setup with a banner up above that said “complimentary wine tasting” and I see a few glasses sitting out with a tiny bit of wine in them but at first I did not even think about the fact that they were already used glasses that someone finished and set down and that the wine inside them were just residue and that they just hadn’t been bussed yet, I thought for sure they were "pre-poured and help yourself" samples of wine and so I picked a few up and drank out of them and next thing I know the man running the tasting setup comes back after ringing up a customer’s transaction and seemed to look at me with a puzzled facial expression, anyway I ask him “what wine am I tasting?” but then he mentions that he didn’t recall serving me any wine tastes and that I’m supposed request what I want to taste and he gets it for me, then tells me the glasses I drank out of had to have been used glasses that someone else set down after already drinking from them.

Am I able to sue the place or even get something out of filing a lawsuit for them having used glasses in customer’s reach causing me to think they’re pre-poured samples and accidentally drink out of them?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Nope. Lawyers see trolls and run the other way.

• D50
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I'm very curious what sort of mental problem you have that causes you to keep asking this stupid question. Some trolls repeatedly ask about women's underwear, which I can understand. But a fetish involving wine sampling is beyond my comprehension.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No and recall you've asked this before. Get help for your alcoholism .. and trolling.

• You don't have a case.  So no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Can you sue for your own stupidity? Yeah, good luck with that. 

• 2 months ago

No, you can't sue for your own stupidity. 

• 2 months ago

If you didn't know if they were "pre-poured and help yourself" samples of wine then you should have waited for the man running the tasting setup to ask him. No, you're not able to sue the place or even get something out of filing a lawsuit for them having used glasses in customer's reach causing you to think they're pre-poured samples and accidentally drinking out of them because the man who was running the wine tasting setup didn't put the glasses there.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I was so hoping Covid got you. Please crawl back under your stupidity rock and leave us all alone for another 6 months at least.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes go ahead and sue. It will be an expensive exercise and you will lose but who cares? It's only money and they do say 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.

• 2 months ago

No, that’s ridiculous. You weren’t served and the glasses weren’t labeled. All that happened was you stole someone’s drink. Not the end of the world

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.