Addax asked in SportsBaseball · 4 weeks ago

So what do you guys think of the new playoff format?

So it actually has happened, I did not think it would, but it did. 

We got two 2 teams with sub 500 records who made it in, Astros and Milwaukee

Okay Astros are better than sub 500 talent wise, but they have been plagued with injuries all season long,

Brewers just forgot how to hit a baseball, their pitching (along with the rest of the NL teams finding ways to lose) is why they barely sneaked in. I mean they literally couldn't string some hits to save their season, needing both Giants and Phillies to lose again (both lost the day before too, either one would get in, with just a win in the last 2 games If the Brewers didn't win their last 2, which they didn't)

Anyway hopefully the Brewers knock the Dodgers out, that would be hilarious. 

And the more improbable happened, 4 teams from one division in the playoffs, someone asked a question about this a week or so ago, well there you go it happen. 

Cub, Reds, Cardinals, and Brewers all made it to the post season in this new format, 4 teams from one division, I said a sub 500 team might sneak it, but I did not think 4 teams from the same division would make it.

Anyway, I guess if anything this season shows why this new format is crap, granted I'm happy the Brewers made it but, eh they don't really deserve to be there, just like the Nationals didn't deserve to win last year, now they are last place in their division.

The best they could do under the circumstances.

Given the pandemic, I'm fine with it.

• David

All is good as long as the Twins win.

No system will satisfy everyone, especially baseball fans who think if it's different from the way it was when Christy Mathewson pitched, it isn't any good, but it did what it was supposed to do.  It kept a lot of interest alive right through the last day.  And now over half the teams fans still have interest as the playoffs start.  Yes, even the Brewers could pull off an upset.  Nothing wrong with that.

Playoffs?  More like GAYoffs!  

They're actually alright given it was a shortened season.  I hope they go back to a more normal format next year though.