Why is it so hard to believe when someone dies?

It feels unreal

• Cyril
    Favorite Answer

Because their sudden death can give you a horrible surprise. Your mind is not ready to accept this reality at sudden.

• Spence

Because it is often unexpected, especially when they are younger than yourself.

Why is it so hard to believe WHAT when someone dies???

Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. It is too late to be saved, after death.

.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

• What you're describing is a stage in your personal grief cycle. I recommend taking time to think about whoever has passed with a clear mind and talking about it to someone you trust. Also know that every emotion you feel is a completely natural emotion that shouldn't be either suppressed or shamed. Your mind is processing this loss.

It may not work the same for you, but what helped me was listening to the albums "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel and "A Crow Looked at Me" by Mount Eerie. Both of these albums revolve around loss and love in a beautiful way that really helped me.

Grief is emotionally crippling.

Even those who have no faith in an afterlife or God feel that "unreal" quality, like being in a nightmare.

I am sorry for your loss.

@ If this is very recent, while going about your daily life, make sure to take in things (movies, TV shows, ect)..that make you laugh.  I wore a video copy of Friday out during one such loss.  

It felt unreal when my father died and then again when my 13 year old nephew died and I suspect that it will feel the same when my mother (who is almost 97) dies.  However, while I'd like to see them again, I'm really happy that once we die we cease to exist as it is a much more palatable option than any sort of eternal life.

It's not. It feels uncomfortable (for many)

but it's believable...for sure.

That DASH between XXXX-XXXX represents a lifespan.