Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 4 weeks ago

Embarrassed to own comics?

I have been reading digital due to this, now with all these movies it seems like is more common now but I'm really embarrassed to own physical comics, I want to get miracle man trades for example but I just feel I'll get mock if somebody comes over and sees them. I had a friend laugh at my Alice Adventures in Wonderland book, I'm 26 male btw, so I'll just get called childish

• Nick

I'd call you childish for not having a backbone enough to like what you like openly. So I guess it is a catch 22.

...Which is sort of ironic because your illiterate friend would probably make fun of you for owning Catch 22.

• Diana

Maybe you should ditch the snobs and get some new friends who share your cool comics hobby.  

i wouldnt be embarrassed about it, you have every right to own them

I’m almost 25, and I have filled a bookshelf to bursting full of hardcover comics I want. I have more coming in the mail and I have no room for them. As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to not care as much what people say about your interests because I could waste time being worried or I could like what I like and have fun. They probably do embarrassing things too, like play the fifa games or buy expensive food that isn’t very good. 

• Jesere

I get called childish because I like to play and have toys I like. i am 64

It's healthy both psychological and physically to let your inner child out to play.  

Who cares what they say. I just smile and say thank you. That really throws them off. 

I'm a 52 year old woman.  I started reading and collecting comics as a teenager.  Several years ago I moved, and paid the movers a fortune to crate up and move my comic book collection.  They were impressed by it - they said they'd moved comic collections before, but mine was the best.  I'm hoping to have enough space that my husband can build me some custom cabinetry to hold and display all of them.