Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

What are these two laptop hard-drive parts called (see the pic)?

I bought laptops with the HDD removed, and then the hard drives separately, but they needs to be fixated in the slot, and it looks like I need either one of these or both parts. But what are they? One HDD is already dead after I dropped the laptop and it swayed inside the slot, from the looks of it.


@abcame, which one of the two is 'caddy'?

Update 2:

It's a Lenovo, it has a side slot for 2.5" thin drives.

Attachment image

3 Answers

  • Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    what model laptop? every model is unique, and you need a caddy for that model.

    the left piece looks like it's from a server caddy, which is not the same as what you need.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Caddy on the right.


  • keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    If ever something like has to be replaced, it must be from the exact laptop model you have. Those parts are non-standard.

    If ever I encounter something like that, I use duct tape instead. ATM, my PC's SSD is just inserted somewhere inside the case. No caddy, no retaining bracket, no screw. I could be floating in there somewhere if ever it gets bored or something. Who knows?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.