Recommendation of store bought teriyaki sauce to make teriyaki chicken which tastes like it is from a Chinese restaurant, out at the mall?
- CrustyCurmudgeonLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
I've been making my own, and it's close to what restaurants serve. Mix together:
• 1/2 cup water• 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce• 1/4 cup honey• 4 garlic cloves, minced• 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerrootMix together and bring to a boil. Make a slurry of 2 Tablespoons corn starch and 2 Tablespoons water. Mix until smooth. Add slowly to simmering sauce until it is as thick as you desire.
- FireplaceLv 62 months ago
Why do you want a japanese dish to taste like it comes from a chinese restaurant?
- ckngbbblsLv 72 months ago
there may be other ingredients in the Chinese restaurant chicken besides teriyaki....
- VanillaVoodooLv 62 months ago
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- conley39Lv 72 months ago
Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
- SpenceLv 42 months ago
I believe that Teriyaki is a Japanese entree, not Chinese.
- CBLv 72 months ago
Chinese restaurant don't make Teriyaki chicken, a Japanese restaurant is where you would find such a dish.