Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Is this sentence offensive?

"Sure, just no subway this time, they replaced the turkey on my sandwich last week with pork and explaining why I cant eat pork repeatedly is exhausting thats why I gave it to you"

Its supposed to be coming from a muslim just casually talking to their roommate while leaving work and they were just asked if they wanted to pick up dinner before heading home. Im not a muslim, so I dont want to be offensive or anything.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Not offensive, just kind of dumb since at Subway you're watching what they're putting on your sandwich and should be able to just speak up and say, "I asked for turkey". People who feel the need to explain their dietary limitations are tedious (and I say this as someone who also avoids pork for religious reasons). 

• 3 weeks ago

these are the true important questions to life and why we are here

• 3 weeks ago

Not offensive, just incomprehensible. A few commas and periods (full stops) would help.

• 3 weeks ago

I'm just puzzled why Subway replaced turkey with pork without asking the purchaser if that was OK. Any sandwich shop knows that pork is forbidden to Muslims and Jews, and they would probably offer any other meat as a substitute before using pork.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

To me in Britain it is not offensive.  I would always use 'in my sandwich' since the filling is inside a sandwich.

• g
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Only to someone seeking offense, but I'm sure some could see it that way.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i dont think so

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't think it's offensive.

I'm shocked a sandwich shop did that. I have to wonder what kind of training the employees get. Yikes!

• 3 weeks ago

Only if the listener CHOOSES to find it offensive. WHY should it be considered offensive ? There are too many serial "offendees" around these days who go around looking for something to be offended by.  That is not rational behaviour. They need psychiatric help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.