Cris asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

When will the NFL do another division re alignment?

For Example the AFC North seem to be getting too competitive.

It's not fair for the Ravens that the Steelers and Browns are becoming competitive.

So maybe the Ravens can swap division with the Patriots

So the AFC north will be Patriots Steelers, Browns, and Bengals

So the AFC East will be Bills, Ravens, Jets, Dolphins

3 good teams in the division is just too much!

Update:

It doesn't hurt to get a free ticket to the playoffs!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It's unlikely to happen unless there are teams that move out of a region or there's expansion.

• Nick
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

It is a parity league, they don't do realignments based on competitiveness. They give bad teams better draft picks and have a hard salary cap.

Besides, the AFC North? Pitt's on the decline and Cleveland is a joke. The only division that should complain right now is the NFC West.

• 4 weeks ago

We get it, you think the Ravens aren't that good and can't compete, you need to give it up. I mean what would you do when the Dolphins or Jets got good? Your argument MIGHT make sense of 3 good teams IF it wasn't move the Patriots, but you are just trying to say oh let's move my team that is so great but lost their first playoff game because I want them in a division I think is otherwise weak. If it was move them to the South(which doesn't look very good) then the three good teams is too many would make more sense, but you are just trying to have the Ravens in what you think is a weak division and hope the harder teams are kept from teh playoffs as well. Also the realignment ISN'T going to happen because the idea was to keep division rivals. That's why the South is such a weird division(why else would Indy be in the "South"). The other three had Rivals(with Cleveland being brought back they kept that spot over Jacksonville) so the South basically got the leftovers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.