Anonymous

are Armenians considered white or MENA?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

By whom?  There is no official text book definition of what each race is.  For example, Southern Italians and Sicilians are genetically only 29% European.  So are they white?  It depends who you ask.  

To many black people, Hispanics are white, even if they are not considered to be white by non-Hispanic whites.  And to American Blacks, they do not consider Latino Blacks to be black even though they are just as black as they are.

Many Latinos do look white and probably are genetically white but today they are "minorities".  A German friend told me that he didn't think Polish people were really white because they had a grayish skin color compared to Germans.

It's a matter of opinion.  I say, be who you want to be and if other people don't like it screw them.  

• 4 weeks ago

Nope.......................

• 4 weeks ago

SWANA = Southwest Asian and North African.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

there is nothing to "consider"

white is just a skincolour, and living in the middle east doesn change that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

White or MENA huh?

Most people would call that brown.

Some of them aren't white.

• 4 weeks ago

It is subjective and it will depend on how the individual look rather than if they are just of that nationality or origin

I think we all can agree that there are armenians who can pass better for europeans than others, and that not all are quite the same in skin colour, some are more white skinned like europeans and some others are brown.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.