Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

Does anyone else agree with my sentiments?

Working hard just to pay bills is plain ridiculous. I'm just 

waiting for Universal Basic Income to be passed, so I 

can afford to live on my own, and move on. Everyone's 

getting screwed by Corporate-America, here in California. 

Your thoughts?!?

Favorite Answer

Sure, I hate working with lazy people anyway.

Having been born and raised in CA and really hating it most of my life, I have learned that if I waited for "Universal Basic Income", better known as Welfare, I would have starved years ago.  If you cannot "afford" to live on your own get a job, a second job or a better job.  I worked full time, when to school part-time and raised a family on my own.  I had no expectations that the government would provide for me, or my family. I was also not "entitled" to anything I didn't earn.

Source(s): Over 70 now and helping to raise my Grandchildren.

What will you be able to do on a Basic income.  basic means only money for food, hopefully rent ( if not over the amount allowed for rent).  Basic means basic you want money you have to work for it period.  there is no free lunch even if society does develop all technology you see in Star Trek, you will still have to work to access the technology.  Are you by chance a lazy person who believes the world owes you something just because you were born?  

• Audrey

Never happen in America.

• Damien

Universal basic income in america? not a chance.Even Canada hesitating to do it cause it would be too expensive. And america cant even provide healthcare to all its citizens so forget a basic income. Move to mexico when it becomes too unaffordable.

It will never happen. The gov will rather you be a bum on the street and die 1st.

No.  You are just lazy and it is not a good trait.