Katie asked in HealthOptical · 3 weeks ago

I recently had an eye appointment to renew my prescription, but the doctor gave me the same from last year?

My vision isn't extremely good on the road at night. Because my visual is generally worse at night. Yes, I do eat lots of carrots and greens.  I can't see signs up ahead until I drive close enough. At night it's worse and it's hard to see further up ahead. 

It's as if the trial pair is worse then my original pair. 

I'm 21. My eyesight is -7.50 is one eye and -7 is my other eye. She said that my eyes didn't change enough to significantly change it. 

I don't know what to do. I wonder if I should come back and have them up the prescription. 

They don't make contacts in a -7.75. They don't have those little digits after -7. If I get the prescription upped. They'll need to change it to a -8 and a -7.50. 

but I can't help but feel unhappy because I'm not seeing that well and I paid $167 for the appointment. Maybe she's afraid of me being Cross eyed since my left eye changed more then my right :/

It might be because I'm driving on a wooded road at night

A lot of my commute is on wooded roads

Yes, I'm using the high beams but it's still kind of blurry in the woods

It happened the same to me. I had a - 1,50 prescription and I wasn't able to see well at night anymore. I couldn't see the signs until they were very close and also the lights were blurried. But I could see fine with that rx during the eye test. At the end the optician decided to give me a - 0.5 stronger lenses just for night drive

Sounds like you have night myopia. Did you make it clear what your problem was? A lot of people can see better at night with about -0.50 stronger glasses than they need during the day. Depending on your situation, you could have your prescription increased by that much, have a special pair of glasses to drive at night with or have a clip to wear over your glasses. It is a hard thing to duplicate during an exam so I often loan patients a device that lets them determine whether a stronger prescription would help.

• Sandy

if you have insurance, get another eye doctor and an exam. tell the doctor you can't see at night and what your other doctor prescribed. sometimes you need a 2nd opinion.