Consider you went and got tested for Covid-19 at CVS pharmacy; How confidential are the results?  What happens if you test positive?

I went to Cvs website and saw option to book appointment for covid-19 testing at local pharmacy.  The test is "free"...but there was no disclosure of confidentiality of test results.  Does this mean pharmacy broadcasts a hypothetical positive to local health department; and you are forced by government to stay at home, under quarantine?  I think because there was no disclosure of what they do with your information; that they will broad cast it all...and it is like incriminating yourself if you test positive. I am not too much worried about covid-19 testing; other than what they do with your information.   

There is no need to post on the website that they don't disclose medical information that it is about 500% illegal to disclose. I get that number from there being AT LEAST 5 different laws that prohibit disclosing such information.

100% confidential.   They may broadcast a positive, but cannot broadcast your specific info unless you signed something saying they can.

• Maxi

Of course the results are part of the data collection, but it is anonymous and if you are positive then ( at the moment) the Government is trusting that people do the right thing and self isolate....... only a complete selfish idiot would not isolate

No matter where you get tested, if it's positive it is sent to the health department.