Is baked cauliflower with minced meat healthy?

Sounds healthy to me.

• denise

It probably is, but it sounds a little 'plain'.

Maybe if you 'rice' the cauliflower and add some seasoning & herbs and top the minced meat with the cauliflower [like a shepherds pie], It could be a healthy dish, you could also add a little grated parmesan to top it off.

• ted

Yes, very healthy if you use meat with little fat 

• kswck2

It can be, if you use bread crumbs rather than a cheese sauce is used over the cauliflower

It could be. It depends how much cheese sauce you pour over the cauliflower.

• laura

Cauliflower is healthy and lean mince beef is good for you, what I do if frying the mince is drain the fat after in a colinder and maybe rinse it with boiling water before I continue with the recipe but it’s up to you, it’s definitely healthy compared to things like chips and heavy dishes like chinese takeaways for example so I’d say go for it 

• geezer

It would depend on the fat content of the meat .. and how you cook it.

If the mear is lean, yes, if it is high-fat and much mincemeat is, it will not be. when buying be sure to get low-fat mincemeat [around 5% fat], otherwise it could have a fat content around 20%.