Should a fence be built?

Recently, a number of whales have lost their way and accidentally beached on the shores of Tasmania. Many have since died. It seems this beaching has recently become a frequent occurrence.

Do you think the authorities should install a fence under the sea to prevent large fishes from coming close to shore? The fence can still allow small fishes like crap and salmon to swim through the fence but will not allow large fishes like whales and sharks from going to shore. By doing that, it will prevent those large fishes from beaching on the shore. It may also make swimming in the sea near the beach much safer as sharks can no longer enter the fenced portion of the sea.

Update:

This fence may even prevent an enemy submarine from coming close to shore and also prevent smugglers using submarines to smuggle into the country.

It can also create something like a lagoon where people can swim freely and safely and have fun.

I hope I wouldn't get ridiculed for what I have written.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Placing any structure underwater is problematic due to the forces of the sea and corrosion issues. It will soon be ripped apart.

In the mean time, it will entrap wildlife and kill or maim, the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish.

As Philomel states, solutions often bring up new problems.

• 3 weeks ago

Probably not. Every problem you deal with today is a direct result of the solution  to a previous problem.

We should find the source of the problem rather than the symptoms of the problem.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If they really "lost their way" we should figure out why.

If they intentionally commit suicide we should figure out why

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.