Why do Christians support the Bible?

The entire new testament is extremely unscientific, it even supports abortion in the book of Numbers (ordeal of the bitter water), and makes psychopathic warlords during the Bronze Age collapse look like good guys.

Update:

* old testament.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Because they were indoctrinated to do so as children.

• 3 weeks ago

The trial by the bitter waters of jealousy did not cause abortions.  The guilty woman's belly would swell and her thigh would shrink.  That's all.  Read Exodus 21:22,23 some time.

The Bible still holds together pretty well in the broad strokes.  Even better, we have the necessary second witness of Christ, The Book of Mormon, to support, defend, and in some cases clarify the Bible.

• 4 weeks ago

OT was wartime. War is hell. The Catholic Church is plenty scientific. 

• Donald
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

untrue.

your ignorance is showing just a tad. (do you know this term)?the bitter water was for a cheating woman. (punishment)it went much deeper than you suggest.is cheating on the one you love righteous?is cheating on GOD righteous?(same implementation...) what is unscientific in the NT? (you have no examples)the word droll comes to mind in this for me. your avatar is based on a child's video game Jim. (the villain)let's be adult when posting here please.when is making a statement not asking a question?(tell us.....)we support the bible due to facts.facts you ignore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Record of human behavior and beliefs.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You have it backwards, the bible supports many forms of Christianity.

• 4 weeks ago

The ordeal of the bitter waters did not cause abortion. 

• 4 weeks ago

You gave no specific examples for the New Testament being "extremely unscientific".

Even though the Bible is not a science book, your contention that is unscientific is untrue!  But again, you have given no example, so there is no contention we can respond to.

Perhaps, if you would choose the one alleged flaw in the New Testament that you find most compelling, then we could respond.  Otherwise, you have really made no argument, therefore, no answer is needed or can be given.

As for abortion supposedly being condoned  in Numbers 5 (I gave more detail than you), that passage nowhere mentioned a pregnancy.  Also, there are a number of other reasons this passage does not condone abortion.

Consider these answers:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Numbers-abortion.html

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?cat...

As for your last statement, again you gave no specific examples.  (Your grammar also makes what you are saying hard to understand.)

Perhaps you should try again by giving specific examples and not distorting the facts!

• 4 weeks ago

With everything that is written in the bible. It's life. Someone lived it. Someone wittnessed it. Someone spoke it. Someone wrote it. The Bible may be bitter but this is how God designed it to be. I have read it. I have study it. Therefore I will follow it.

To understand the old testament you must understand the new testament. 

• 4 weeks ago

cause its true, thats why

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.