Why do i usually get UTIs?

Im not sexually active and i drink alot of citrusy drinks. I was told they are good for UTIs but i still get UTIs

7 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Certain foods can cause frequent UTIs so you may wanna change your diet. You should also make sure to wipe front to back, and always wear clean cotton panties. Wash down there only with plain water, don’t use any products that might cause irritation. Always pee after sex or masturbation. It will flush most bacteria out of the urethra.

• Jim
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Actually citrus drinks make your urine more alkaline which can lead to infection. Cranberry juice or water are best for urinary tract problems.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Try washing more often and more thoroughly.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Poor hygiene? Chronic infection? Too much citrus drinks? Not enough water intake? Just water. Seldom peeing?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Doctor time. But a couple of tips... One, drinking juice does not prevent urinary tracts infections - that's only a myth. And two, (apologies if this is TMI) if you are mastűrbating, you still need to go take a pee afterward. That's a really common cause for UTIs, so whether sex or just foreplay, taking a tinkle after is a must.

• 1 month ago

to complicated to answer; need to know how often, what is the exact organism causing the UTI, any anatomical reasons, and hygiene reasons. You need to discuss this. Being sexually active is immaterial.

• 1 month ago

you need to ask your doctor this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.