Do you think it looks better to drop an attacker with one .357 round then to empty a 7 round .380 mag into them?

For a long time I carried a Glock 42 chambered in .380 because it was small, light weight, mild recoil and I figured the chance that I would ever be forced to use it was so slim that it wouldn't matter.  I would carry in a kydex holster inside my waist band with a round in the chamber.  I could also easily pocket carry.  The Glock was nice, I didn't have to worry about a thumb safety, just draw and fire.  I didn't want anything more powerful because it's purpose was to stop a fight at close range.  I think it would be hard to prove self-defense if the attacker was too far away to be an immediate threat.  

What somebody pointed out was, if I had to dump 7 rounds of .380 into an attacker but failed to stop them it would look really bad.  He said the attacker would likely just get pissed off and kill several other people opening me up to massive liability.

I stopped carrying it because I don't want to be in the situation where I can't stop someone with 2 or 3 shots.

Favorite Answer

The only attacker a .380 won't stop is one whacked out on angel dust.

One shot may not be fatal, but be sure they don't want a second shot to them.

Only a fool would underestimate a .380.

I prefer beating the attacker to death with my bare hands; especially if they are armed. Nothing else provides the orgasmic cathartic relief of watching in the last 1 or 2 seconds of their lives, the realization dawn on them that all of that time and money spent arming themselves was a complete waste. Just thinking about the hopelessness in their eyes gets me incredibly aroused. 

reported..............................

Reporting for violent threat 

• Ann

I think it looks better to avoid situations in which you can be attacked.

who cares. whatever it takes. one or ten shots.

Just come here to say how annoying is that Koog John guy lol wtf, why he’s expecting you to be extra by saying “suspected attacker”? Ain’t no suspect, I think I know if mateys attacking me. I’m actually triggered lol, sorry I meant I’m a suspected triggered person 

Pay attention to the justifications cops use. Remember the "they grabbed at my gun" defense for using deadly force on an unarmed person ? How about "they feared for their life" ?

The County's cop range is right next to our range for citizens. I constantly see them practicing RAPID FIRE unloading the pistols each run. This IS what they all do when use of deadly force is employed.

ex. a Retarded boy was chased out of his fear of all these cops chasing him onto his own front porch. 6 cops from 3 departments stood there and unloaded. Hit him 64 times on his own front porch. (the door was locked)

If it IS justifiable for them, I would think it is a justifiable defense to do the same as a citizen. NO ?

i think its better not to do any of this

• Dze

you just need the proper ammo .. one glaser safety slug in 380 to the head will probably empty the attackers skull out of his eye sockets ...