Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 4 weeks ago

How long do you have to wait before changing nose piercing?

I heard it’s 3-6 months or until maybe it feels completely healed? I’m curious how long you waited and what happened if you didn’t wait that long. I hate the stud they gave me it looks black.

• Laura

You have to wait for your piercing to be fully healed before You can change it.  

If you go to a professional they can change it right now.  This is because they have clean tools and know what they're doing, so it won't cause any issues when they change it.  You don't have any of that at home, so you on your own can't change it until the piercing is fully healed.  

My friend changed her piercing after 4 weeks and got a bump that never went away, even when she took the piercing out.  She had to get plastic surgery to get rid of the bump.  So don't be like my friend, don't change your piercing at home, go to a professional and have them do it for you.