What is the important role of hierarchy in algorithmic+object oriented decomposition?

I get the thing about hierarchy. Every complex systems are hierarchical(mostly).

So, what does really that hierarchy helps for decomposition?

I know decomposition are of 2 types-:

Algorithmic and Object Oriented.

Algorithmic is kind of hierarchical inherently(Not exactly).

But, We are learning OOAD.

And class structure and object structure resemble hierarchy in Object Oriented Decomposition. They form the canonical form. OK.

But, I really can't deeply visualize/understand, how is this helping for the decomposition the system? Any guidance will be appreciated.

• EddieJ

When you say "(Not exactly)", that is the key.

A textbook author decides to explain a complicated subject in a certain way, and, sometimes, may even attach terms (such as "algorithmic") to things that aren't perfect fits.

I only have a superficial understanding of object-oriented concepts (which is usually enough for most programmers) but it seems that the course that you are in is taking a deep dive.  You might never need to know the things that this course is attempting to teach, once you take the final exam.

Maybe this particular course is not for you.  However, if you are determined, you probably should ask your teacher for help.