Mammogram Callback Question?
I had a mammogram a week ago. 3 days later, my doctor called me saying there's a 9mm Asymmetry in the 9 o clock position right breast they need to re evaluate. I also have dense breast tissue. On top of that, my appointment is a week away. How do you relax before your appointment? I have been crying and worrying and losing my mind?
- Anonymous3 weeks ago
Doctors will flag the least difference in breast tissue, because breast cancer is quite easy to treat. I had had cancer before, a much worse one, so I didn't panic that much.PS. I just got a call back too. Let's both hope it's all false alarms.
- MamawidsomLv 73 weeks ago
No one ever wants to hear that they might have a tumor or might have cancer. It is normal to worry or be scared, but those things do change reality.
1. Worrying isn't going to improve things.
2. There are all kinds of benign cysts that could be showing up on your mammogram.
3. Treatment and survival rates for breast cancer are really so, so, so much better than they were even 5 years ago.
4. Prayer, meditation, and gratitude practices can help people deal with stress and worry.
- TavyLv 73 weeks ago
This often happens with dense tissue, they need another look from a different angle. No,point in me saying not to worry, but it should be ok.