Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Why did he act so in love then pull away?

I was in a relationship with a guy for a few months where he was telling me all the time how much he was falling in love with me. He would send me paragraphs that were very long about how I was a blessing in his life, how lucky he is to have me, "love is like a rose..." love poems he wrote me etc. I mean he really had me believing he was truly feeling this way. 

We had a minor argument one day because I saw he was texting some other chick and added her on instagram and after that, he pulled back, became distant, barely talking to me every day. We had "made up" but something felt different. We are in our late 20s. I asked him what was wrong and he said he was going through depression. I backed off, let him have his space while still remaining supportive.

Then he tells me he isnt sure hes ready to be in a relationship. We ended up breaking up and I found out he was already talking to another girl and seeing her on the weekends, claiming she was just a friend. I knew she wasnt just a friend. I dont understand how he went from "I'm so lucky to have you" to being over me so quickly.

You slept with him didn't you. There's your answer.

From me anyway. Sorry but there are plenty of Don Juans out there.

Sounds pretty unfortunate, but I'm not sure what you're really asking us. Could you clarify?

He enjoyed the game of charming you, and enjoyed the response he got. He was no more in love with you than with anyone else, but he got the response he wanted, and thats ALL he wanted. While you were believing it, and reinforcing his role as the charmer, he kept you tagging along. The minute you started to see beneath the veneer of charm, you were no longer needed.... so he used the ghosting technique to make you just 'disappear'. You are probably being a little more persistent than most, because you are needy and gullible. So he will have to freeze you out until you get it and leave him alone.