Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Why does my Mom take my phone away from me?

I'm 17, I don't get into trouble, I obey my mother, I have only one friend, and I have excellent grades. I don't use my phone for anything other than taking pictures, searching things up, and texting my friend.

I have depression but my mother doesn't believe me or my school therapist, she told me that my phone is making me crazy so she took it away from me. I feel extra lonely now because I have no one I can talk to; I was forced to stop meeting with my therapist and I can't talk to my mother without her breaking everything in her path when I tell her my stresses. 

She takes the phone away from you because she feels that the phone is making you crazy and that you don't have depression like the school therapist told her that you have. No one can force you to stop meeting with the school therapist. Make an appointment with the school therapist and tell her about your stresses and how you feel.

• Andy C

Your mom has issues.   Possibly mental health issues. 

She thinks your phone is making you crazy.  She's not incorrect about that.  

call child protective services and report you are being neglected (being denied mental health care) and emotionally abuses.